Oatmeal Millet Pongal Recipe with Step by Step Footage.
Oats millet pongal is a wholesome various for normal pongal. It isn’t solely wholesome however style scrumptious too. This has oats, millets in them. You should utilize any millet as your selection. I used varagu on this and tasted so good.
In case you are in search of a wholesome model then you’ll like it. I used karupatti as sweetner. You should utilize palm sugar on this too.
Hope you’ll give this a try to let me know the way it seems for you.
Oatmeal Millet Pongal Recipe
Oatmeal pongal is a wholesome choice to common pongal. Addition of millet provides good texture to the oats pongal.
Recipe sort: Dessert
Serves: Four servings
- Ghee – ¼ cup + 1 tsp
- Yellow Moong Dal / Pasi Paruppu – 2 tblsp
- Millet / Varagu – ¼ cup
- Prompt Oats – ½ cup
- Milk – ½ cup
- Jaggery or Karupatti – 1 cup dissolved in ½ cup of water
- Water – 2 cups
- Coconut -1/2 cup
- Cashews – 2 tblsp
- Raisins – 2 tblsp
- Cardamom Powder – 1 tsp
- Dry Ginger Powder – ½ tsp
- Warmth 1 tsp of ghee, add moong dal and roast for a min.
- Add in varagu and oats and blend properly.
- Add in coconut. milk and water and blend properly.
- Cowl and strain prepare dinner for two whistle.
- Now open the cooker, add in jaggery syrup and prepare dinner until it thickens.
- Add in ghee little by little and prepare dinner until it thickens.
- Add in cardamom and dry ginger powder.
- Fry cashews and raisins in ghee and add it within the pongal.
1)Warmth ghee in a pan, add moong dal.
2)Roast for a min
3)Add in millet. I used varagu
4)Roast for few seconds.
5)Add in oatmeal
7)Add in water
10) )Cowl and prepare dinner for two whistle
11)Now it’s cooked
13)Add in jaggery syrup or karupatti syrup.
15)Add cardamom powder
16)Add in dry ginger powder
18)Add in ghee little by little and prepare dinner until it thickens
19)Warmth ghee in a pan
20)Add in cashews and raisins
21)Fry until golden
22)Add fried cashews and raisins.