1. Disparate Genres, Parallel Strokes: Panga is a sports activities movie directed by Ashwiny Iyer Tiwari who excels in probing small-town goals and aspirations. Her debut and sophomore movies Nil Batte Sannatta and Bareilly Ki Barfi each labored inside their given space of efficiency. Alternatively Kangana’s solo-heroine movies have probably not labored since Tanu Weds Manu and Queen. The fiascos in author-backed title roles embody Simran, Rajjo and Revolver Rani.
2. Plausible locales versus Aspirational: Road Dancer is a dance movie. Remo d’Souza is as a lot the grasp of the dance style as Ashwiny Tiwari is the queen of smalltown rom-coms. Whereas Panga is about in the dusty heartland , Road Dancer strikes by way of ritzy fancy locales together with London. Road Dancer is clearly the extra glamorous of the 2 movies.
3. Pure Versus Cultivated: Varun Dhawan who performs a dancer in Road Dancer is a natural-born dancer. He doesn’t have to make an effort to look convincing as a dancer. Alternatively, Kangana who performs a kabaddi participant shouldn’t be a natural-born kabaddi participant. She has to make an effort to seem like one. The hassle reveals.
4. Desh Bhakti Ingredient: Since these are Republic Day releases, there’s a robust patriotic streak operating by way of each the movies. Varun Dhawan needs to bounce for his nation and the nation he’s warring towards is Pakistan till….grasp on… ‘India’ Varun falls in love with ‘Pakistan’ Shradha Kapoor.Would Veer-Zara on the dancefloor work on the Indian boxoffice? Panga on the different hand, has India’s nationwide sport kabaddi as its spine.How rather more patriotic can it get?
5. Hero ,Aur Kya? …Whereas Road Dancer has Prabhudheva as a aspect attraction to the central Varun-Shradha dance face-off , Panga has a really robust supporting forged in Jassi Gill ,taking part in Kabbadi-playing feminine hero’s unbelievably supportive husband who, like Anand Tiwari in Chhappak , or like Nitesh Tiwari in director Ashwini Iyer Tiwari’s life, makes breakfast for his son whereas spouse romances the akhada. Neena Gupta and Richa Chadha additionally play robust supporting roles in Panga. The emsemble forged in Panga is distinctly extra attention-grabbing.
So which one will or not it’s this Republic Day? Varun-Shradha’s Indo-Pak dance strikes or Kangana battling sexism, ageism, and different gender-related prejudices on the kabaddi subject?